Sadie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
statik
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Sadie   Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi Sharon

All went OK on the ride home. Sadie will be renamed and we have a couple in mind, Nutmeg or Amber. We didn't walk her very far but did show her off to some of the local dog-lovers. She had a snooze and is back in bounce mode. She seems happy and has free run of the house. Every inch has been inspected.

I will put some photos on after her walk tomorrow. We had a wonderful day today and nothing we expected happened but I can't think of a better result.

More later, I'm off to play with my dog.

Stuart & Lin
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sadie   Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Really please she is doing well so far, wish you all a happy and long life together

It was a pleasure to meet you both

Hugs to Sadie xxxx
Back to top Go down
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Sadie   Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:31 pm

enjoy, you will get oodles of love from that not so little lady!! xxx
Back to top Go down
statik
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Sadie   Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:59 pm

She's taken to her new name Amber, met the Postman and fell into his arms now he wants her. I'm finding her really good on the lead in the woods and her evening walk is all round the streets. Her personality is showing through and she's a bit cheeky. Typical puppy.

She met lots of new doggie friends and is well mannered. She walks on the lead in a group of dogs like she's known them for years, She's mostly more interested in sniffing bushes and grass. Getting her to sit at the kerb is a bit of a task but she picks up most thing very quickly.

There was a bit of over-excitement when I came home from a long day at work today but settled her down quite easily. She loves being brushed and groomed and even let me file her claws.

I know it's only been a couple of days but we are very happy to have her living with us. Now when there is laughter in the house it's nothing to do with the TV.

Stu & Lin
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sadie   Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Really pleased things are going well so far big smile

Look forward to many updates and hope most are good and with laughter

And photos don't forget photos big smile
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Sadie   Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:20 am

Great to hear Amber is doing really well, sounds like she's really enjoying her life with you guys.

Look forward to reading more stories Wink

LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Sadie   Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:44 pm

After our morning walk I spent the day in my workshop, Amber stayed in the garden with me. She dug up her leather chewey bone and like all dogs started munching away. The perfect flavour............mud. After a while it was buried again for later use. She is OK with the digging but uses her nose to cover it up. Another scratch. If you could see her now with the insect bite on her paw and the skin missing from her nose, well I don't know what you would think. Only been with us a few days.

She had no clue what to do with a toy. We got her a rubber tyre thing with a bell inside and she loves it, plays with it all the time now. When we threw a squeaky toy she reacted badly and ran from it. Maybe had a bad experience with a small animal at some time so I dumped that in the bin. I was cutting up lengths of wood to make some frames and she was very frightened whenever I had a short length of wood in my hand. I don't want to think about why but I just carried on as if it was normal and she calmed down.

After the job was done I got out the industrial Hoover to clean up. I wish I had a video camera going because it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. She nicked the end of the hose until it sucked on her face. Never seen that dance before and I was on the floor laughing as she pranced about the end of the hose like it was some sort of viper.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sadie   Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:09 am

That's is you have broke her already, what with her nose and paw rofl rofl Oh the joys of dogs laughing

As for the squeaky yes she was with small dogs in-fact dogs of all shapes and sizes and children some being small so they may have had toys that squeaked and she was not allowed near them, the bit of wood unfortunately some people do train in a very harsh way or loose their tempers but that is in her past now and time for her to move on from that

So wish you had a video with the hoover bet that was so funny
Back to top Go down
statik
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Sadie   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:38 am

She's doing very well and apart from the obvious "damage" all is great. She loves her home and we love her too. The reaction to the Hoover was hilarious if she does it again I will try and video it.

We don't care what happened in her past life just concentrating on the future. So far it's been good and she enjoys her walks. Lin's going to start her training next week while I'm out of the way at work.

Stu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sadie   

Back to top Go down

Sadie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1