View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:52 am

Lyla came in yesterday,

What previous owner had to say about Lyla

Lyla is calm around the house and on walks but is reported to be protective of the garden

Has lived with a 2 year old child with no problems but is stand offish with other small children

Has not lived with cats or other small animals

Lyla likes, walks, playing tug od war (we would advise not doing this with any dog) Roast Beef and any non dog food, smackos

Lyla dislikes Dog food and fireworks

Last edited by sharon on Thu May 03, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:57 pm

glad to see you got her name right!!
She looks much happier today!
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:19 pm

pretty gal!! love2

A good friend is like your favourite bra: Offers support, .
always there, close to your heart, lifts you up and never lets u down .... My dogs are my bras!
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PostSubject: Layla   Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Layla is a really pretty girl who is full of life, look forward to getting to know her
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 pm

She is a little Minx reminds me of Lola with the me me me about her laughing funny girl
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:32 am

Lyla Assessment

Dogs Name: Lyla Breed: Bullmastiff Sex: Female Age: 3yrs Date: 20/04/2012
SITUATION Dogs reactions
Person casually walks past dog while dog is eating (meal or special food) Lyla appears to show no unwanted behaviours around her food
Person tries to pick up bowl while dog is eating (meal or special food) Lyla easily allows you to pick up the food bowl and stops eating immediately
Person tries to pick up food that has fallen to floor while dog is trying to reach it Lyla moves forward to investigate the food but once it is covered she moves around and ignores it
Person tries to touch or take away high value food that dog is eating or holding Lyla was given a bone and walked off with it. When i approached her she dropped it and allowed me to pick it up and she
walked off. She didn’t show any unwanted behaviours
Person tries to touch or take away a toy that dog is playing with Lyla enjoyed playing with a ball and when I went to take it from her, she dropped it straight away without showing any unwanted
behaviours
Person reaches hand towards dog Lyla displays no unwanted behaviours and looks for affection
Person reaches over dog’s head Same as above
Person tries to put on leash and/or collar Lyla displays no unwanted behaviours when putting her lead on, but once it is on she can become a little excitable
Person grabs at dog’s collar or neck Lyla displays slight lip licking once her collar is grabbed
Person pulls on dog’s collar or neck Lyla again lip licks when her collar is pulled
Person hugs dog around neck

If Lyla is hugged for too long around the neck she can see this as an invitation of a game of wrestling and may play growl and
Become excitable
Person pushes down on dog’s back Lyla goes into down and rolls onto her back and shows her belly if too much pressure is applied
Person pushes down on dog’s rump Lyla goes into the sit without showing any unwanted behaviours
Person tries to get dog to lie down by voice command Lyla does know this command but it took about 5 attempts to get her into the down
Person tries to get dog to lie down by physical pushing Lyla will go into the down if too much pressure is applied to her back and rolls straight onto her back
Person tries to get dog to roll over on its back by physical manipulation Lyla shows slight appeasing behaviours if she is physically manipulated into a postion
Person tries to groom dog’s head , torso, or legs (ie other than feet) Lyla is very accepting of the brush
Person touches dog’s feet or uses comb or scissors on dog’s feet Lyla will easily allow you to touch her feet
Person clips or tries to clip dog’s toenails Not tested as her nails were already short
Person tries to bathe dog, including towelling off after bath Not tested
Person tries to open dog’s mouth Lyla easily allows you to open her mouth without showing any unwanted behaviours
Person stares into dog’s eyes Lyla will hold eye contact for a few seconds then looks from side to side and shows lip licking behaviour
Person shouts loudly near dog

Lyla shows a real startle response and looks in the direction of the shouting, but doesn’t show any unwanted behaviours
Person threatens dog with object such as newspaper or with hand Lyla knows what this means and will slightly cower and give a little growl, once the threat is removed Lyla takes herself away
and lays down
Person drops an object near dog Lyla shows a slight startle response and moves away from the item
Stranger knocks on door or rings bell at dog's home Lyla doesn’t show any unwanted behaviours with strangers at the door
Stranger enters house Proving Lyla isn’t restricted and the stranger doesn’t approach her when she is like this, then she is very friendly and actively
approach the stranger for affection
Stranger in house tries to pet dog Lyla loves affection, again if she is restricted i.e. in a crate she can growl and lunge to bite if the stranger tries to touch her
Stranger approaches dog in car If Lyla is confined with no means of escape she does bark, grow and can sometimes lung forward to bite if the threat isn’t
removed
Stranger approaches dog on street
Lyla is very happy with people and hasn’t shown any unwanted behaviours providing she isn’t restricted
Another person touches or hugs person with dog Lyla doesn’t show any interest at all
Stranger shouts loudly in dog’s presence Lyla will stop and stare in the direction and other she realises there isn’t a problem she will settle.
Dog walks past familiar non reactive dog Once Lyla knows the dog she will ignore it
Dog walks past unfamiliar non reactive dog Lyla can show sometimes interest in another dog and depending on how that dog is with her Lyla may just walk past, want to
investigate or fight.
Dog walks past familiar reactive dog Once Lyla knows that dog she doesn’t bother with them, when they react to her.
Dog walks past unfamiliar reactive dog Once will lunge for that dog , but once she is given a means of escape she will take it and walk off
Lyla appears to normally be confident, but can become aggressive towards people if she feels threaten and restrained, she is a very bright dog and appears to have received very little training especial walking on the lead. Lyla doesn’t want to be aggressive around other dogs, so providing she is shown she can always choose the flight response then she should be very good around other dogs. All these behaviours were shown at the time of this assessment conducted by Shaun Aldridge (Ruff Diamond Dog Training); however these behaviours may change in different circumstances.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:16 am

We are very pleased to tell you Lyla is reserved and should be off to start her new life very soon big smile
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Way to go Lyla fab news thumbs thumbs fantastic fantastic well done Id like to think that Jen helped in some small way.... !!!! crossed crossed
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Thu May 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Lyla is on her way to her new home be happy Lyla
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Sat May 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Happy days Lyla xxx

Be good gold tooth

A good friend is like your favourite bra: Offers support, .
always there, close to your heart, lifts you up and never lets u down .... My dogs are my bras!
Back to top Go down
BenSlade
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Tue May 08, 2012 11:38 am

Good luck Lyla! Great to see her get a home. big smile
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 am

Fantastic photo's of Layla... she's a gorgeous looking girl, glad shes found a home, enjoy your new life Wink

PostSubject: Re: Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED   Today at 5:51 am

Back to top Go down

Lyla - Bullmastiff - HOMED
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1