Share | 

Dougie - Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Dougie - Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian   Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:54 am

Dougie is an Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian, he is black and white, wire hair with spotty 'bib' and feet! He is only 6-7 months old and already very large - Currently 27inches at shoulder - may be 1/3 bigger than this when full grown (small Irish wolfhound size!)

He is currently in a foster home and this is what his foster mum has to say about him:

Dougie is a middle to high energy dog, he loves all other dogs, is boisterous with large dogs that he knows, but on initial meeting is very gentle with all other dogs so far.
Cats - Is living with 3 confident cats at my house
Children - Has lived with 4 children aged 5-14 but given size think older children may be better.
Dougie is a very sweet natured dog who likes everyone, he is a massive piggy for all types of food and will pull food of kitchen counters but his love of food does mean he is very easy to teach things to. He has been attending dog training with me and learns very fast. He is generally quiet in the house and spends his evenings sleeping and occasionally playing with other dogs.

He would like somewhere where there is someone home a lot of the time. He is ok to be left for 3-4 hours - I have had no choice but to leave him for parts of the day but he has been good. All day on his own is too long. He would probably prefer to live with another dog as he always has done, but is very loving and may be ok as a single dog if there is someone around most of the time.
Dougie enjoys walks and is currently getting about 1 hour off lead each day with another short run in the back field in the evening. His recall is very good if you have food in your pocket!!
He WILL need to continue his training. He is housetrained and walks well on his halti, but will need to learn not to snatch food. He is not as springy as a Dalmatian by a long way, but occasionally jumps up when he is excited and given he is very large he will need to learn not to do this.

Dougie is now neutered, vaccinated an microchipped

Dougie is being fostered in the East Sussex area

EmmaLouise
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Dougie - Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:15 pm

I really do hope that Dougie finds his forever home soon! He is being fostered with my sister and she has had nothing but good things to say about this handsome boy!!
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dougie - Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:35 pm

I have just phoned & left a message for Charlie as I have someone interested alsready crossed

EmmaLouise
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Dougie - Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian   Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Wow!! crossed
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dougie - Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian   Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:37 pm

RESERVED! big smile

Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Dougie - Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian   Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Cool! I love his bib. Looks like a great fun pup.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dougie - Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian   Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:48 pm

thumbs fantastic
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dougie - Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian   Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:55 am

This boy sure is growing and is very happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dougie - Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian   

Back to top Go down

Dougie - Irish wolfhound x Dalmatian
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1