View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
p990rnp
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

Job/hobbies : Mastiffs!

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 pm

I have a bullie X, Mimi, that looks very similar to Misty but acts like Corrina. She is extremely laid back, so very very very lazy. Corrina and Mimi sounds so similar - catlike whimpering noises and the very very occasional full blown mastiff bark. She also has a favourite toy, a yellow pikachu Pokemon bear thing which she just sorts of sucks all day. Really weird and very pathetic for a 50kg animal that makes most people cross the road big smile
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Tue May 17, 2011 12:29 am

Just look at her she looks great love2

Pleased she is being a good girl for you
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Madam Misty!   Wed May 18, 2011 6:15 pm

Posing in the garden ....

[

Out for a walk ...

Resting on her pillow!

& dog tired.....

Misty is doing well, we have no more accidents .... she has Sit nailed! In fact aside from her "deaf episodes" she is quite obedient on the whole. When she first arrived she would get tired halfway through a walk but now she is getting quite fit, when I get the leads out she now jumps up & down instead of looking at me as if Id gone mad! She is looking fit too .. dont you think?
I am glad to see & hear that Corrina is also doing well, it must have been hard for them to loose each other.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Thu May 19, 2011 1:11 am

Great photos Chris, she is looking great and it looks like her and Neo are getting on well

Great she is learning all about the outside world lets hope on one of her adventures out a fantastic home falls in love with her

You are doing a grand job thumbs clap clap
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Thu May 19, 2011 5:43 am

Loving the new photo's of Misty Chris, she seems so at home with you guys... Love the way she uses Neo as a personal pillow on the sofa... sweet thumbs

LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

Job/hobbies : I work for a independant, family run jewellers. Great job!!

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Fri May 20, 2011 4:51 am

Hats off to you Chris, your doing a great job.
Back to top Go down
Ellie
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

Job/hobbies : Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sat May 21, 2011 5:32 am

I love the pic of you walking them, Didn't realize how big Neo actually was! surprised
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:18 am

I think its safe to say Misty is now over her fear of Neo!!! Yesterday I looked outside & Neo ran by the window with Misty on his back!!!! Yes all of her astride Neo 2 legs each side holding on to his neck by her teeth, I so wish I could have had camera in my hand, but was laughing too much to get it! She loves rough games, I don't know if any of you have had Danes but they kind of play with their legs & body barge, other Dane owners will know what I mean ... well Misty isn't tall enough to play like this but her new tactic is simple but effective ... run full pelt at Neo then take off so she hits him side on with a head butt .. down he goes! They like to do this while running zoomies round the garden! Any way as I say no picture so as a compensation this is how they like to spend their evenings!!! http://youtu.be/EmuixmXvhTM Oh & I was reading the post about fish tanks ... do you see mine in the video? When Misty first came she was very worried about it & several times ran & smacked straight into it trying to get the fish!!! oops rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
Alison
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

Job/hobbies : IT Business Analyst. Into historical re-enactment, LARP, sewing and textile crafts, Ceroc, choral singing, reading, and obviously dogs.

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Lovely to hear that Misty has settled so well. The video of her and Neo is fab - they look so happy playing together.
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:46 am

We have all had a busy weekend! yesterday Neo & I had to go out for a couple of hours & Misty stayed behind, I have not left her alone before so I thought maybe I would pop her in her crate as she feels safe in there, but in the end I just let her have the run of downstairs & got a neighbour to pop in to see her. When we got home she had been really good, no mess, no chewing. What a good girl!
In the evening we had a birthday party for son-in-law, lots of fun & silliness. I guess this was probably Misty's first party, she had so much fun a real little party animal!
Im very impressed with her ability to take everything in her stride & make the best of every situation, she just loves people so much! Every one who meets her is amazed how affectionate she is! We are all a little fragile today & both dogs are just laying on the bed gazing lovingly at me! sleepy

She loved the bubble machine!

Looked cool in a party hat ....

Had a cuddle with Frankie ......

Now sleeping it off ....
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:39 am

Aahhh what a little princess in her party hat cheers

Give her a big hug from me hug

A good friend is like your favourite bra: Offers support, .
always there, close to your heart, lifts you up and never lets u down .... My dogs are my bras!
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

Job/hobbies : pyrotechnics Working dogs

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:51 am

Well, I suppose I should up date on Corrina, sorry no pics, what I thought was a battery problem appears to be in camera, so at this point no pics.

Just like her sister she has come on in leaps and bounds over the last couple of weeks. I've taken to calling her Tank when I'm playing with her, as when this little bundle wants to give you a cuddle absolutely nothing stops her. Sit has sunk in, down well not quite there yet, but she's so laid back its not a problem.

She gets on very well with Taz the rottweiler, aside from getting one very severe telling off , after taking his treasured frog into her crate. no harm done, and lesson learned. Soon back to mouth fencing with him, and no longer spooked by his rather vocal play.

likes a bit of comfort, well a lot of it actually... plays very well with other dogs, and people. a bit apprehensive when workmen turned up, but one had a rather booming voice.

Gets slightly frustrated that unlike Taz she can't see over the fence into the neighbours, but they lean over now that they know her.

I think that the average family would find an absolute gem in her, not too demanding, happy to just interact with those around.

Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:28 pm

Great updates people & so good to know how well the two ladies are doing fantastic

I will update the site tomorrow & add to their pages thumb up

(No pics Ian?.........Really Rolling Eyes )

Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Sit has sunk in, down, well not quite there yet, but she's so laid back its not a problem. not too demanding, happy to just interact with those around!!!! ............. It's almost as if we are talking about the same dog here lol ....

one more pic ....

Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Misty & Corrina will be featured in the August edition Dogs today magazine

http://dogstodaymagazine.co.uk/

sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:14 pm

fantastic lets hope it finds them the homes they both deserve crossed
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:50 am

vexy wrote:
Misty & Corrina will be featured in the August edition Dogs today magazine

YAY! fantastic

Fingers & paws crossed for you here girls love

A good friend is like your favourite bra: Offers support, .
always there, close to your heart, lifts you up and never lets u down .... My dogs are my bras!
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:38 am

I thought it time for a Miss Misty up date :pet: Not a lot is new mind you she continues to be the easiest dog in the world, she is so adaptable & almost nothing phases her dog and bone with two exceptions .... hot weather & me being cross!

She if finding the heat quite hard, bless her .. so why I wonder will she not lay in the shade???? Neo being black it not great in heat so I made him a light towel coat ...Yes I know a coat in the heat does sound a bit daft BUT idea is get towel wet & cold then put it on ... as it is wet & white it helps him a lot ..... so ...yes, Misty's will be ready for her today! Hopefully it will help.

As for me being cross .... there were chickens on the road the other day & completely out of the blue my arm was nearly pulled out of its socket! I mean really bloody hurt the little *** as you can imagine I was not happy, first instinct was to shout NO misty in a very loud very cross voice! Neo in my other hand was watching with interest but when I yelled ears went down & he gave Misty an Oh S*** look & turned to flee! Misty, stopped so fast her head kept moving & hit the grass bank, she looked at me with such shock in her eyes I almost felt sorry for her. When we got home she still looked shocked & wouldn't look me in the eye, she went straight in her crate & lay down with her back to me I couldn't help thinking who is telling who off here? So after dinner I took just Misty up the road where chickens were still peckin around, as we got closer she slowed right down I turned to walk her through them & she turned & tried to run home! Lol I think she learnt not to chase chickens!!! She has forgiven me now!

Some out & about pics ....

Then there is Adrian!! what can I say, Adrian kindly collected Misty & bought her here to me ...itd like loves young dream ..has me reaching for a bucket!!! He comes each weekend to see her & lets he go as she likes!!! As a rule Miss Misty never gets on the sofas, not that I mind .. she just doesn't ..... as a rule!!

puupy love click the pic!!!
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 am

Lovely photos she looks so well

So safe to home with Chickens now then rofl rofl rofl

Thanks for the update
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

Job/hobbies : HR Officer&Doorman/Dogs and Weightraining

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:05 am

Well done with Misty!

Have you cracked the house training?

Back to top Go down
Grumps
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:29 am

!
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

I would have loved to have been behind you all to watch that little scene Chris.........

Maria laughing
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks ,,, Yes Misty is clean in the house, but she does Not like going outside in the rain! I caught her last week all 4 paws inside hanging her BUTT out the door & pooing over the step!!!! So yes it was out side but only just!!! She also has times when she just will simply NOT do as she is told, she goes stone deaf & does as she likes! its not as often now which is good but it is quite odd she kind of zones out .. no amount of calling will get her attention you have to get in front of her & like grab her, as I say its odd, I think its like left over from kennel life as she was like that all the time when first here. She is looking well she has a bit of muscle (probably from keeping up with Neo!) & after a megga brushing she also has a shiny coat. She & Neo are so sweet together they play in the garden & late at night have a loonie time indoors ... I will put some play pics up soon ...I got so frustrated with ones earlier .. the one in middle should be cropped & smaller but it will not post like that! So gave up after slide show!!
question
Back to top Go down
Angie
Committee member
Committee member

Job/hobbies : DOGS reasearching family tree

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:57 am

rofl rofl rofl rofl I loved the bit where she hangs her out side to have a poo just as long as her paws don't get wet. rofl rofl rofl
Fred and Lola goes deaf when we call them and you have to go and get them. I think it must be a Bully thing. We can call Fred and he will carry on sniffing the same spot for ages and I swear he looks up the top of his head as if to say "yer right when I've read this bit. " tease doh
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:42 am

These two girls really need homes they have been waiting forever please can anyone print off thier posters and put them around your areas or if you are on facebook please share on your pages and anywhere you can think off please1 pray

They have come on so well in their foster homes but really needs homes of their own now
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

Job/hobbies : pyrotechnics Working dogs

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 am

Well got the copy of Dogs today with the girls in, really hope this brings results, as they both need a stable long term home.

Here the sooner she is gone the better from my daughters point of view, they have become mortal enemies, two into one chair doesn't go..... both can sulk for England.

no lying in with this girl, if the alarm goes off the mewing starts....and though not loud , its at such a pitch it makes its way up stairs...even with the doors closed.

Oh she can be brought with pastrami tit bits, which is great, if it wasn't for the fact that its usually in my sandwich.

In general she's now part of the back ground, in the nicest sense. Have to say a home with another dog would probably be best , as she interacts quite a bit with Taz on so many levels, and the other day when he had a vets trip, she was anxious when we were gone, even though Jennifer was here with her. (of course Gilly, your right, it could have been my wonderful presence that she missed).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   

Back to top Go down

Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next