LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:02 pm

big smile gorgeous looking girls big smile
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:32 am

What a dream pair, I need more money and room in my house. Lisa and I took them out twice on monday, they both walk lovely on the lead and had a nice play with Doug when we finished our walk. Took Corrina out again while I was making my sandwiches and she was interested, but polite at the table. She and Doug had a wander around the garden and she enjoys her cuddles she and is shy compared to Misty, but what a sweetie. Misty came out for field walks with Kara and no reaction to Walter barking. These two are easy social dogs, Misty needs manors in not hogging all the attention, but who doesn't what to loved. I hope they can stay together and I look forward to seeing them again soon.
Back to top Go down
Chester's mate
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:41 am

Great photo Clive.

There's no chance of any more money - and our house won't be getting any bigger so I guess someone else will get lucky by having these two.
But I look forward to meeting them tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36731779@N03/
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:38 pm

These two sweethearts have gone to stay with Wade today, hope it all goes well & they settle down nicely crossed

dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Ah good luck girlies hug love

A good friend is like your favourite bra: Offers support, .
always there, close to your heart, lifts you up and never lets u down .... My dogs are my bras!
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

Job/hobbies : HR Officer&Doorman/Dogs and Weightraining

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:44 am

Just a quick update on these two:

I have been fostering them for 11 days and its been up and down!

They are really good natured girls, amazing on the lead and of course very good looking.

The downside to them is that they are not housetrained. They poo and wee in the house wherever and whenever they see fit. They have an amazing trick of getting their wee to spread across a whole room no matter how big it is! We have tried leaving them in the conservatory so they can get access to the garden but this has made no odds. They also chew things, beds, chairs, sliding doors!
They are fantastic dogs outside, so easy to walk its amazing they just always seem to be behind you! Misty is the more adventurous of the two and she will get a little excited when a dog or person is approaching but she still won’t pull.

They are very good around other dogs and get on with my two very well. They actually seem to have calmed Roxy down as she and Archie were a bit OTT. Misty will also let Roxy know when its time to bugger off. We took Misty obedience training last night (Facebook – Thanet Obedience Group). She behaved really well in a small hall with loads of dogs. Sadly, although they walk and ‘wait’ perfectly they have no basic training and we are still working on sit.

I also think they would be fine with kids (although Sharon and Gilly will confirm their history) as my friends 8 year old came round and was able to walk through the park holding their leads.

We will obviously continue to do our best with their housetraining but hopefully a forever home will come along soon. They just need someone with a little bit of patience and time to help them know what’s right and wrong indoors.
Pics to follow…………
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:03 am

I had the same problem with Doug, with the toilet and chewing. We've had him since August and it has been a matter of catching him doing it, now he has the occasional wee, but I work and even with the dog walker all my dogs occasionally have accidents. I went back to treating him like a puppy and still praise him now for weeing outside. The chewing I found putting raw hides all over the house stopped most of the chewing, be he still steals shoes although he doesn't chew the shoe he chews the plastic toggles on the that I can't buy. If they are chewing furniture I found bitter apple helped, but you have to put a fresh spray every time you go out.
Well done to you the girls are lovely and no doubt they will be all the better for staying with you.
PS if you want to try the raw hide I found an internet site that does bulk buys quite cheap.
Back to top Go down
Angie
Committee member
Committee member

Job/hobbies : DOGS reasearching family tree

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:04 am

Good advice from kpatchin I have done all that and I beared with it and won in the end.
Raw Hide I am not a fan of as a passed vet of ours told us that raw hide can caused alot of internal injuries. He has removed raw hide from gums throat stomachs and intestines. Not nice. I think it's a bit like Marmite you like it or you hate it.
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks for the advice. I very rarely catch them toileting but I will keep my eyes open. I do leave toys, rawhide, all sorts all over the house and the chewing has improved. Mainly because we have take everything chewable away when were out.
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:49 am

Some pics of the girls:

Back to top Go down
Alison
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

Job/hobbies : IT Business Analyst. Into historical re-enactment, LARP, sewing and textile crafts, Ceroc, choral singing, reading, and obviously dogs.

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 am

Lovely pics - I love the one of them all snuggled up together, especially Corrina under the blanket.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:54 am

Nice photos Wade big smile
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:50 am

Misty and Corrina are now back at the kennels and we would like to thank Wade and Carrie for all the hard work they have put into them, :thanku: clap clap

We now feel it is time for the girls to be split up this would help them in learning some independence and may make their house training easier, although it is very sad they have to be split the likelihood of them finding a home together is very slim so we think the split should be made now rather than later, if anyone is able to foster one of the girls then please get intouch, they both do need house training and would be better when left alone and at night to be crated whilst they are learning the rules of the home, they are both very human and dog friendly, not sure about cats perhaps Wade could let us know if they came across any cats on their travels
Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:23 pm

The two sisters today

Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Love that last one of Corrina love2
Back to top Go down
kayleighlawrence
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

Job/hobbies : Out of hours doctors

PostSubject: Corrina LBDR Photoes    Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Back to top Go down
kayleighlawrence
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Misty LBDR Photoes    Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Back to top Go down
kayleighlawrence
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Misty and Corrina LBDR & Friends Photoes    Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Ellie
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

Job/hobbies : Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:52 am

These 2 are very scrummy, and their friends are also gorgeous.. I bet they had lots of fun. love2
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:17 am

clap Great piccies & I love the ones of you with all the dogs fantastic

I will just move this to Misty & Corrina's thread though so that anyone looking at the girls will see them thumb up

Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Play Misty for me ......   Sun May 01, 2011 9:02 am

Misty is settling in quite well now, her & Neo are still trying to work each other out & as yet, she wont play with him no matter how many toys he takes her! But there is no aggression between them so we will get there.She is looking & smelling nice after her bath.
Yesterday I took them for a walk with a friend & her dog & a couple of Kids ... she was very good, gentle with the kids & un-phased by the other dog. The big news is no accidents at all now for two days & nights & she has even asked to go out! Sadly sit is still not in her vocabulary, but hey!!! She could use some manners! So along with sit we are working on that. On the whole she is a sweet unassuming dog who really isn't any trouble, although I have to say I have never heard a dog make the noises she makes!!
think

Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun May 01, 2011 9:10 am

Sorry she smelt Chrissy hard to keep them smelling sweet when they are living in kennels,

The noises she makes does make me laugh she has quite a short nose compared with her sister Corrina does not make those noises as all

I am sure she will play with Neo once she finds her feet,
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun May 01, 2011 9:14 am

Oh bless her she looks tiny next to Neo!

Fantastic news on her not having any accidents so far thumbs

Please keep the updates & pics coming yes
:thanku: :thanku: :thanku:

Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun May 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Not only no accidents but she has now asked to go out twice!! She is gooood!! & Sharon no need for sorry I get it & it's good to give them a bath anyway so she smells like us if you see what I mean! Not that we smell of Chinese jasmine but I'm sure you get me lol! We have just had our Sunday roast & I think she is a big fan of roast beef!!! please1
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Sun May 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   

Back to top Go down

Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next