Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:30 am

Well done Brooke & what a handsome friend you have there, I know the humans can be confusing especially the 'old bugger'........but I really don't think he can help it, too many explosions probably think

Keep learning & be a good girl, you are looking good & please keep the updates coming clap

amanda
Committee member
Committee member

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 am

Excellent news thumbs
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:55 pm

Nice to hear from you Brooke, keep up with the learning and then you might have a wonderful home all of your own, I do like the boy you are living with now don't forget you are a lady and do not flirt much
Back to top Go down
Nicola
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

Job/hobbies : teacher, dogs, horses and piggies!

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Aww what a lovely girl, wont be long til she has her forever home. x
Back to top Go down
Angie
Committee member
Committee member

Job/hobbies : DOGS reasearching family tree

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:47 pm

rofl rofl rofl Oh what a fantastic post. I'm loving it Brooke. I see that you have the German's card marked then. clever
Keep learning good things and be a good girl big smile there is a wonderful dog in there somewhere. The Humans have just to find it and bring it out. there rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
Linda
Committee member
Committee member

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:55 pm

Oh how brilliant fantastic

If I hadn't seen the pictures I would never have believed it surprised

Well done Brooke love
Back to top Go down
tomnemma
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:31 pm

she is a stunner !! dont think she will wait long for that forever home... if i had room i would her and keisha look like twins LOL.. she looks very happy and using her charms to get her own way !!! love1 hearts love1
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 am

Loving the update Brooke yes thumb up

Fab photo's, great to see how well she's settled in. yes

More stories please.... and pic's of course thumb up

Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:22 am

We are looking for a special dog free home to foster or adopt Brooke, do you know anyone that could be perfect for her? this is what her currant foster has to say about her, but for the sake of their dog she really needs to be moved

Quote :
Brooke's foster carer explains:

Required Long Term Experienced Foster, possibly forever home for Brooke.

My wife and I have been fostering and rehabilitating large breeds for close on 25 years and in all that time I've never encountered a dog quite like Brooke. She's an 18-20 month old Cane Corso, who has already had two homes and two kennel stints prior to her being placed with us.

If Autism exists in the canine world, and some research suggests it does, then I would say from my encounters with Autistic humans and my reading of the limited research....Brooke is autistic.

She on the face of it is one of the most intelligent dogs I've met, she grasps things in a flash, is obedient, clean in the house, loving. Basically all you could wish for in a family pet. That is 90-95% of the time.

Its the remainder of the time that causes problems. I have as my dog a Rottweiler from good working stock, very steady, he's helped several previous fosters develop. Well Brooke plays with him quite happily, and plays, and plays till playing becomes pestering, and pesters and pesters. Being put in her place by him has no effect, she just does not read/respond to normal canine signals. The two can not be allowed together now for more than a few minutes, as the Rotts patience has expired.

So both dogs are crated and allowed interaction with the family for equal periods of time, which has not gone down well with the Rott. and he cannot interact with us in her sight with out her exploding in her crate.

When out, she has two blankets, if you watch her you would get the impression she was destroying them (soft toys very quickly get disposed of), but she's not, she's shaping them, and mouthing on them, so much so that large areas become saturated.

She bounds on you no matter what the situation, your part of the landscape, at times she likes to become a human scarf, but there is no sign of her trying to dominate. If allowed to she will lick your hand till the cows come home, if rebuked , she is immediately submissive.

She uses her mouth quite a bit, but not aggressively, but very quickly. She attacks feet which if your wearing socks or soft slippers can be slightly painful, but again there is no biting, its more robust mouthing. I've let things play out whilst wearing heavy boots and no damage is done. Its like she lacks feedback.

On lead she is very good, but when she thinks she's free (long light line) she can go deaf for long periods. Its not that she runs of, just goes off in her own world.

She will happily lie on the sofa with you and you can do almost anything with her, but any attempt to cuddle this girl and she becomes a bucking bronco. She'll sit across the room and quite happily hold eye contact with you, at close range even if cradling her head, its a nono, that she resists, not aggressively.

Now I'm a bit old school, I like to let foster dogs express themselves initially and expose them to varied situations, find the faults and hopefully correct them. I also never believe anything told to me about a dogs previous history, I like to start with a blank canvas, with due respect paid to breed characteristics.

We have worked long and hard with Brooke on her social skills using everything up to VIBRO collars, lead in the house, treats, etc, and its ground hog day. The traits have remained.

New things are picked and remembered in a flash.

Her darkest side, when crated strangers are not welcome, boy oh boy. Yet encounters with people out on walks or callers to the house (I place her on lead now after seeing her reaction in the crate) its bounce on them if she can , real tigger time.

I do not feel that I can help this girl progress any further, I believe that a return to kennels would be extremely negative, and that if as I suspect her problems are "hard wired" life with another dog is not an option. I'd like to be proved wrong.

So I'm looking for an experienced fosterer (or possibly very experienced forever home) without another dog, to take this on and see if being the only resident can make further strides.

Life with her is fun at times, but the current situation is getting close to being detrimental to both dogs.

Children: robust teenagers I'd say fine, youngster NO.

No property damage, likes to investigate nearly everything,can pass for a mountain goat. Will quickly become ninja shadow when you doing things. Soft items of washing risk being taken to her nest!!!. The vast majority of the time any activity can be stopped with a simple NO, though this needs to be quite firm at times. A pointed finger and a look also work well.

I'm not looking for advice, unless your a qualified behaviourist and are willing to work with this girl pro bono publico, my own situation has been altered as much as is possible to accommodate Brooke , but as I'm now physically disabled no further changes can be made to my home situation. If you have patience, experience and possibly a sense of adventure and have a space or are likely to have one soon, please consider this girl.
Back to top Go down
tomnemma
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:12 am

some of those behaviors sound a lot like keisha at times!! but she will demolish anything thats chewy she loves a good smelly trainer if one is left lyin about. but its only when we go out and leave her, she loves attention and thrives on it but trying to tell her its not always needed is another thing she goes into her own little world with that selective hearing they seem to have bless her, i love her to bits thou, she seems to get better for a few days then goes backwards, im thinkin of getting a crate now thou, think
Back to top Go down
sue
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Brooke is gorgeous and i cant believe how much her and Biff look alike!!! as soon as i can work out how to put pics up i will i hope she soon finds her forever home :)
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:51 am

Brooke is now back at LBDR if anyone knows of a dog and child free home that could help with fostering Brooke then please let us know,
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:09 am

She is a great looking girl, does she have issues with other dogs &/or kids?
Although she looks like butter wouldnt melt in her mouth!!!
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:24 am

This is what her last foster had to say about Brooke

sharon wrote:
We are looking for a special dog free home to foster or adopt Brooke, do you know anyone that could be perfect for her? this is what her currant foster has to say about her, but for the sake of their dog she really needs to be moved

Quote :
Brooke's foster carer explains:

Required Long Term Experienced Foster, possibly forever home for Brooke.

My wife and I have been fostering and rehabilitating large breeds for close on 25 years and in all that time I've never encountered a dog quite like Brooke. She's an 18-20 month old Cane Corso, who has already had two homes and two kennel stints prior to her being placed with us.

If Autism exists in the canine world, and some research suggests it does, then I would say from my encounters with Autistic humans and my reading of the limited research....Brooke is autistic.

She on the face of it is one of the most intelligent dogs I've met, she grasps things in a flash, is obedient, clean in the house, loving. Basically all you could wish for in a family pet. That is 90-95% of the time.

Its the remainder of the time that causes problems. I have as my dog a Rottweiler from good working stock, very steady, he's helped several previous fosters develop. Well Brooke plays with him quite happily, and plays, and plays till playing becomes pestering, and pesters and pesters. Being put in her place by him has no effect, she just does not read/respond to normal canine signals. The two can not be allowed together now for more than a few minutes, as the Rotts patience has expired.

So both dogs are crated and allowed interaction with the family for equal periods of time, which has not gone down well with the Rott. and he cannot interact with us in her sight with out her exploding in her crate.

When out, she has two blankets, if you watch her you would get the impression she was destroying them (soft toys very quickly get disposed of), but she's not, she's shaping them, and mouthing on them, so much so that large areas become saturated.

She bounds on you no matter what the situation, your part of the landscape, at times she likes to become a human scarf, but there is no sign of her trying to dominate. If allowed to she will lick your hand till the cows come home, if rebuked , she is immediately submissive.

She uses her mouth quite a bit, but not aggressively, but very quickly. She attacks feet which if your wearing socks or soft slippers can be slightly painful, but again there is no biting, its more robust mouthing. I've let things play out whilst wearing heavy boots and no damage is done. Its like she lacks feedback.

On lead she is very good, but when she thinks she's free (long light line) she can go deaf for long periods. Its not that she runs of, just goes off in her own world.

She will happily lie on the sofa with you and you can do almost anything with her, but any attempt to cuddle this girl and she becomes a bucking bronco. She'll sit across the room and quite happily hold eye contact with you, at close range even if cradling her head, its a nono, that she resists, not aggressively.

Now I'm a bit old school, I like to let foster dogs express themselves initially and expose them to varied situations, find the faults and hopefully correct them. I also never believe anything told to me about a dogs previous history, I like to start with a blank canvas, with due respect paid to breed characteristics.

We have worked long and hard with Brooke on her social skills using everything up to VIBRO collars, lead in the house, treats, etc, and its ground hog day. The traits have remained.

New things are picked and remembered in a flash.

Her darkest side, when crated strangers are not welcome, boy oh boy. Yet encounters with people out on walks or callers to the house (I place her on lead now after seeing her reaction in the crate) its bounce on them if she can , real tigger time.

I do not feel that I can help this girl progress any further, I believe that a return to kennels would be extremely negative, and that if as I suspect her problems are "hard wired" life with another dog is not an option. I'd like to be proved wrong.

So I'm looking for an experienced fosterer (or possibly very experienced forever home) without another dog, to take this on and see if being the only resident can make further strides.

Life with her is fun at times, but the current situation is getting close to being detrimental to both dogs.

Children: robust teenagers I'd say fine, youngster NO.

No property damage, likes to investigate nearly everything,can pass for a mountain goat. Will quickly become ninja shadow when you doing things. Soft items of washing risk being taken to her nest!!!. The vast majority of the time any activity can be stopped with a simple NO, though this needs to be quite firm at times. A pointed finger and a look also work well.

I'm not looking for advice, unless your a qualified behaviourist and are willing to work with this girl pro bono publico, my own situation has been altered as much as is possible to accommodate Brooke , but as I'm now physically disabled no further changes can be made to my home situation. If you have patience, experience and possibly a sense of adventure and have a space or are likely to have one soon, please consider this girl.
Back to top Go down
sue
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:53 am

awwwww autism does sound apt but also ADHD does too...... my neighbour says she thinks her dog also has autistic traits (she has an autistic son) and he also "sucks " his blanket we think he does for security/comfort but are not too sure ...her do also was a rescue dog she got at 6-8months, he is also frightened of white vans and a variety of other things, i know none of this will help the beautiful Brooke but it will let you know you are not alone in your thoughts and some of her actions! I hope Brooke finds the right home that can giver her all she needs ........ everytime i see her pics its like looking at my own dog lol good luck :)
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:00 pm

[b] Sorry I should have noticed that post before! She sure is a lovely girl, if I didnt have Neo I would take her on in a shot - autisum adhd whatever ... sometimes I think all a quirky dog needs is a quirky owner! Best of luck Brooke.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Most of the time she is a brilliant dog, she had a game with some dogs today and she was great but living with one she could become to much for them

The funny thing is I have 2 dogs staying with me that are waiting for sanctuary space, they are not LBDR dogs but another rescue now these dogs are supposed to be very dog aggressive well I had her out in the kennel run today and both of them were inviting her to play through the kennel doors when she went to their doors they showed no aggression to her at all, when she then went to say hello to Walter he got really excited and started to spin surprised all of the dogs today took to her really well and she seemed happy that she could flit from one to another when I brought her back in she just went straight to her crate quite happily but that was today lets see what tomorrow brings

Think best for her though would be a dog free home so if anyone knows of anyone looking for an only dog with a very quirky nature please point them in the direction of Brooke
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:41 am

[b]Will do for sure would it be a problem if it was out of your area? Im thinking south west .. my way! I ask because I may know the ideal home for her! Will find out if the person I have in mind is atill looking for a dog. Walter did someone say Walter omg how yummy is he! I definatly have a thing for him!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:54 am

No it does not have to be in our area, perhaps if it was in your area you could keep a check on the dog for us, we do home all over the country, please if you know of anyone for any of the LBDR dogs please pass them in this direction big smile

As for Walter love2
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:29 pm

[b]Cool will do & yes happy to keep an eye on any in this area

& yes Walter eye candy or what!
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Walter's life revolves around Food and Ball rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Well Brooke has an appointment on Friday evening with this person, http://www.pawdogtraining.co.uk/ am hopeful we might get some ideas on how to deal with the quirky part of her nature will keep you updated
Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:12 pm

The work in progress that is Brooke today

Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:32 pm

She is looking very alert
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:22 am

Brooke had a visit last week from Peter Williams that runs http://www.pawdogtraining.co.uk/ he has said that he will help us with Brooke and with luck this will start next week fingers crossed he will be able to help us help her big smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED   

Back to top Go down

Brooke - Cane Corso HOMED
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next