Roxy - Great Dane

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Storm
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:56 am

oh that is such amazingly good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck clap good luck

happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance
Back to top Go down
stanleycarling
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:36 am

aww thats the best news..... well done roxy you got yourself a forever home clap thumbs fantastic well done dog in car
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:06 pm

REHOMED

BE HAPPY ROXY I AM SURE YOU WILL
Back to top Go down
Bill
Committee member
Committee member

Job/hobbies : Site manager

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:11 pm

another great ending for LBDR woohoo woohoo woohoo woohoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
soraya
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Bless that sweet Roxy-roo. Now she'll find out what a real home is.

Live long, be happy, and keep wagging darling!
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:20 pm

clap Be good sweetie & have loads of fun with the handsome Digby & co hearts

mad dog lady
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend

Job/hobbies : dogs dogs dogs!!!

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:04 am

good luck Roxy

Be good and Be happy.

love
Back to top Go down
Dawny
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend

Job/hobbies : dog walking swimming and horse riding

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:00 am

It was so lovely to see you running and playing with your new brother have a wonderful life sweetie be happy big smile
Back to top Go down
amanda
Committee member
Committee member

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:42 am

clap
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:51 am

Well done all... and best of luck in your new home Roxy! dance dance dance
Back to top Go down
stanleycarling
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:13 pm

have a wonderful time with your new family roxy happy dance clap thumbs
Back to top Go down
Digbysmum
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

Job/hobbies : Ambulance Driver Welsh Ambulance NHS Trust

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi Folks,
Thankyou for all your lovely good wishes - I am so glad that so many of you were rooting for our Roxy - her previous owners do not realise what a gem of a dog they have got rid of but their loss is our gain!!
My son in law came with me Digby and I to pick up Roxy on Wednesday and we had a brilliant journey to Kent and back. She travelled back to Wales really well and although she was a bit afraid of the TV when we first walked in to the house (OH is a bit deaf and TV is normally quite loud) she has got over this now. Took her through to be reunited with the colllies and to show her the back garden and then she ate a good meal and I thought -Now they will settle down after a hectic day - but no she and Digby PLAYED rough dog play til midnight (4 hours) and I thought - I smashed large wide screen TV, one smashed 4' fish tank - but no , both TV and tank survived!! (RELIEF)

She is a second shadow and where I go Digby and Roxy are two inches behind. She was most interested when I set up the large dog bed beside my bed with double quilt in it but when we eventually got to bed Digby first, then me - then Roxy - it did cross my mind to leave my double bed to the dogs and find another quilt and sleep in the dogs bed - I probably would have had more room!! When I woke up this morning (Thursday) she was still flat out beside me and Digby was in the dog bed!!
She came out on the school run with the family and although she stayed on the flexi lead while we were in the park she met loads of dogs, loads of people and she took it all in her stride.
She is eating well - on four meals a day at present of meat and biccys like Digby - and clears her dish every time.
they both settled well after the walk and breakfast and I was able to rest my sprained ankle . I love watching them sleep as they have to be touching each other and are either curled up together or they have a foot on each other - it really is a match made in heaven and that is only after 48 hours!!
After lunch it was a wander in the garden and then a rest and then I put the whole pack in the car and went up to our land - 10mins from the house- for free running exercise and tennis ball chasing for the collies!! Unfortunately it was raining but the dogs loved it even though the humans were not that keen. It gave Roxy a chance to meet my daughters two bitches a lurcher and a Rotty which went really well so that is another milestone for our girl.
She was really good off the lead and explored all the first field 10acres - two more fields of similar size to explore another day- and the Danes even settled while we ate our tea which was brilliant.
She is clean in the house, eats well, sleeps well now and I really can't find fault with her at all. For a rescue dog she has no issues at all and although she eats much quicker than Digby she does not object while I hold and stroke her to give him a chance to finish his food. Her tail is always up from her body which is a good sign in a Dane and when she wags it which is most of the time her whole bum wags with it.
She has met all the family now - except one son in law- and loves everybody especially the grand children 7 & 13 years. She was playing with them for ages today while we were out and I can honestly say she has settled in so quickly I would not have believed it. It is as if she has been here from a tiny puppy. It is really funny to watch her as if Digby is in her way she ducks her head and goes under him and he does not notice. I am going to build her legs up gradually to get more muscle tone and will not exercise the gang riding my bike until she is up to full strength but it will come. She is starting Basic Obedience Classes on Monday of next week and once she has mastered some of that will also do her Good Citizens Awards which are on a Wednesday night. She is quick to learn - she already sits for her dinner - is much quicker that our boy and I know she will do well as she is taking everything in her stride.
Thankyou to Sharon, Gilly and the LBDR for rescueing this wonderful girl and for allowing her to cross the border into Wales.
I will keep all informed of this beautiful girls progress.
I will post photos when I get a chance - did try to take some yesterday but all I got was a tail disappearing around a corner .
Love Ang, Digby and our Roxy.xxx dog in car dog in car dog in car
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:18 am

Thank you so much for the update Ange, this is the most rewarding part of rescue is hearing how the dogs are getting along, and knowing they are now loved and part of a family, so keep the updates coming

I know Julie will love to read this as well

It seems she has made herself right at home already and perhaps the collies might get a bit of a rest from Digby as he can now have big dog play

Thank you for taking Roxy into your home and heart
Back to top Go down
amanda
Committee member
Committee member

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:22 am

Thank you for taking the time to write that piece Ang.
What a lucky girl Roxy is yes
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:19 am

clap What a great update, thank you for posting it yes

I am so looking forward to seeing some pics of her enjoying her new life pics

This was meant to be happy dance

soraya
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:26 am

Wonderful. Just wonderful.

Thanks Ang.
Back to top Go down
Digbysmum
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:27 am

Thanks girls for all your support.

I have been on to Peter in Funny Farm Boutique and ordered her a collar like Digby's called Pretty in Pink. It should go so well with her dark colour.

It is dry today here so once they have had lunch at 12.00 ( they have just had their breakfast of weetabix and milk followed by raw beaten egg) they will be ready to go up to the fields again by 13.30 and have a good run.

I can honestly say she is a delight to have around and Digby loves her to bits - it really was meant to be. If they are not sleeping they are playing but we have five minutes peace and they are sleeping at the moment - that was premature they are awake again!!

Hopefully will take pics this afternoon and post later.

Love Ang, Digby and Roxyxxx
Back to top Go down
Digbysmum
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:52 am

lappy angel
Hi All,
Roxy Day 5.
Just one query - are you sure that you did not let me have a bloodhound in Dane clothing - she has found her voice and bays rather that barks. She holds long conversations with me and always has to have the last word. Has NO respect for the collies at all so they are starting to avoid her now and hide under the kitchen table as she SHOUTS in their ears. But apart from that it is as she has been here for ever. She is so at home it is unbelievable and her tail has never been lower than half mast and is normally wagging.
At present they are asleep in the lounge as they have been out in the garden playing and they have all had breakfast - porridge which goes down really well - Digby's eyes pop out of his head when he watches her eating as he is such a slow eater so then we took the OH to the bank in the car and they are having a sleep to let their breakfast go down - PEACE FOR 5!!
My son in law and grandchildren are all getting interested in the Cani-X and have entered the Have-a-Go classes in Pembrey in April using the collies and they have been training daily since Friday. Luckily we have the fields for free running and training for the dogs and Digby and Roxy run up and down with the trainees, generally getting in the way but having a wonderful time. We had harnesses and long lines here so they didnot have to buy them at first to see how they enjoyed the sport and I picked up an ideal webbing belt - fully adjustable - in the charity shop on Saturday so now they have all the equipment they need for a trial run. Roxy and Digby will be spectators for the races but are really enjoying following the children everywhere while they are running. She gets on brilliantly with both the kids and keeps on playing whenever they are about. My grandson was riding his bike around the garden yesterday (while dinner was finishing off getting ready) and Roxy was following him beautifully. Her muscles are improving in her legs and getting stronger all the time. She loves the free running at the land and she and Digby play all the time. She is also getting on really well with the daughters Rottie bitch who can be quite dominant which we are really pleased about. Was laughing last night as they were playing with toys in the lounge - luckily OH had gone to bed. They had both been through the toy box and brought out fluffys and sqeakies and on Saturday I bought her a rope&fluffy giraffe and a ball that u can put treats in so she has toys of her own but Digby has shared all his with her with no problems. She picked up his fluffy flea (sacred toy - he even took that one on holiday to Ireland last year and took it to the car himself ) and was begging him to play tug of war with her. Well he wanted to play rough too but suddenly realised that flea was in the middle so he let go of flea and picked up the giraffe and started waving that in front of her instead so that was the tug of war object - now headless as it didnt stand the strain so now they have a part each!!
She is a quick learner and is first up the stairs now at night and first on to the bed. Digby still finds room too but does spend an hour or so in the dogs bed to have a bit of peace. Madam does not move (except to change position) from the time we go to bed til the time we get up - later than normal at present because of the ankle - a god send in a way while she learns the house rules - I think she rewrites them as she goes along!!
Her recall is really improving at the fields now and I will be going on to whistle training soon as all the others come to the whistle but I do not want to go too fast yet. She came shopping to Whitchurch Village with us on Saturday (and Digby) and they caused a real stir as you can imagine - she was brilliant. She is walking well on a rope choker (loose) - a Cesar Milan jobby - and patted and spoken to a million times and behaved brilliantly.
I had to go out on a Home-Check last night for Many Tears Animal Rescue and the two Danes were flat out on their day beds in the lounge so I decided to go alone - THINK AGAIN ANG - before I got the car keys I had a large body either side so although they stayed in the car outside the house they were with me .
Forgot to post the pics at the beginning of this post so will do a follow up message with the pics.
Love to all, Ang , Digby and the Rox xxx
Back to top Go down
Digbysmum
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:58 am

Hi Gilly,

Could you run through the hosting of images again pleased as I have failed this time.

Love Ang, Digby and Roxy xxx
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:20 am

Digbysmum wrote:
Hi Gilly,

Could you run through the hosting of images again pleased as I have failed this time.

Love Ang, Digby and Roxy xxx

Great update as usual Ang thumbs

Have sent you a pm thumb up

amanda
Committee member
Committee member

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:26 am

Thanks for letting us know how she is getting on yes
Back to top Go down
soraya
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks for the update Ang. She's really made herself at home hasn't she! Or maybe that is....she's ultra content with the current residents in her home!!!
Back to top Go down
Digbysmum
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi Gilly,

What a brilliant pm you have sent me - many thanks yet again. What would I do without your massive help.

Love to all,

Ang Digby and Roxy x big smile xx
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:19 pm

crossed It works Ang thumb up

sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Sounds like she is doing well clap clap clap , loving the updates please keep them coming thumbs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roxy - Great Dane   

Back to top Go down

Roxy - Great Dane
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next