View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:28 am

mad dog lady wrote:
can i bring willow and kendra to meet him an see how they get on???

rich says i can big smile

It's always good for the dogs to meet up with other dogs big smile
Back to top Go down
julie
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

Job/hobbies : Dog Groomer

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:56 am

JO, Is that can have, or can foster?
Back to top Go down
mad dog lady
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend

Job/hobbies : dogs dogs dogs!!!

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:14 am

julie, whats the difference? zip big smile but i think fostering is the way to go

he said i could take the girls to meet him and see what happens but to be fair both my girls are quite laid back ( i check kendras pluse regularly shes that laid back)

Rich was taking about fostering ike, as hes been there so long so i shall just take my girls to sharons and see who they get on with the best., i think that is eaiser.

Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:33 pm

RESERVED big smile

Dawny
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend

Job/hobbies : dog walking swimming and horse riding

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:35 pm

way to go Teddy well done you must have been a very good boy today but then thats not hard is it big smile thumbs clap
Back to top Go down
amanda
Committee member
Committee member

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:25 pm

fantastic news
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
Mellonz
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:40 pm

What great news, I didn't think he would be with us long, you can't not love him he is such a little teddy bear love2
Back to top Go down
mad dog lady
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend

Job/hobbies : dogs dogs dogs!!!

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:13 pm

well done teddy

who woulnt want to bring him home.

clap clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:40 pm

REHOMED! woohoo

tomnemma
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:58 pm

woohoo thats fantastic news good luck teddy in your forever home love love
Back to top Go down
Mellonz
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:04 am

What lovely news to read to start my day off! big smile

So pleased for him, what a little sweetie pie he was.

Look forward to photos and updates big smile
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:29 am

Teddy is back with us we will fill you all in on the details shortly,
Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:59 am

Teddy Yesterday

Enjoying a scratch

That feels good

Teddy and Bruno: Out with my neighbour

A few of Teddy's friends Eddie and Bones

where did you come from?

Getting along
Back to top Go down
Fi Graham
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: What a gorgeous-looking boy !   Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi Sharon

He looks positively gorgeous hearts

So sad that he's had to come back to you (not YOU personally rofl1 ).

I look forward to reading your update as to why his circumstances have changed ........ and I'll hopefully get to meet him very soon.

Take care

Fi
xx
Back to top Go down
tomnemma
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:00 pm

surprised cant believe he is back .. waitin for the update question
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Will try and do the update today sorry been a bit busy here
Back to top Go down
EmmaLouise
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:48 am

Oh no! surprised I am really shocked to hear this.

I hope all is OK think hug
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:19 am

Teddy Bear was returned to us very soon after being rehomed as it was alleged that he had bitten someone, I say alleged as we were never given any proof that this actually happened apart from via word of mouth, email & telephone.

Long story short is that the person wanted compensation but after finding out that it was the new owners that were liable & not LBDR the whole thing was dropped.

Teddy then spent 5 months in foster being assessed & having his reactions to new people & situations watched very closely, Teddy never once showed any signs of aggression to anyone or anything. So after 5 long months & not one single issue or problem it was decided that Teddy really deserved a home of his own, everything that had allegedly happened & everything that we knew about Teddy was fully disclosed to anyone & everyone that enquired about him & Teddy found a wonderful home with people that took all of this on board, he instantly bonded with the existing dog & the people so after a couple of visits off he went.

Teddy proved to be the most perfect dog in the home, he was great with everyone that he met & all visitors were welcome, he was great with kids & a fantastic companion for the existing dog, they could not believe just how perfect he was & did not believe he would ever bite anyone......But there was a problem, Teddy was being very aggressive towards other dogs outside of the home. The people worked hard with Teddy, they spent a lot of time & money trying to deal with this issue but sadly after quite a while they had to admit defeat & that theirs was not the right environment for him. So with tears & broken hearts they brought Teddy back.

These people truly loved him & we were in constant contact with them throughout, they could not have wished for a better dog in the home & it was an incredibly sad day for all involved.

Teddy has been good since coming back but we do not take chances, he has been a bit grumbly with a few dogs but we really haven't had the major issue that the family had, we do have to test him more but we are starting to feel that Teddy's issues are more about him & his safety zone. The foster home he was in was very isolated & although there were many visitors (human & canine) it was not the same as being out in the big wide world & it seems to be strange dogs out in the big wide world that he is struggling to cope with.

It is so sad to see him back, he truly is a fantastic guy & it never helps a dog find a home when it has been returned to rescue but now poor Teddy has come back twice crying

Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:55 am

This is very sad, poor Teddy. I do understand this problem, as you know I also live in a quiet area & Neo is great with dogs & people alike here, but if I take him into town with me he leaps & dances when he sees another dog, it is ok for me to say to folk don't worry he wont hurt you but he is a big dog & it must look scary. I am currently working on this with him using what is called abandonment training, I will let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
gaynor
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

Job/hobbies : dogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogs

PostSubject: Re:Teddy-Bullmastiff   Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:06 am

Could Teddy have been" over gaurding" with his last family?
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Don't really know Gaynor, I think he would be best suited to a rural life as things are at the moment or someone that knows the breed extremely well and we also need to be aware and take on-board what we were told happened, I think like many dogs if he felt he had to defend you he would, he is fine with the dogs and people here and when we have met people in the street he has been friendly, we have muzzle trained him and he does not mind wearing it when he goes out he seems to just think if it as an extension to his lead and having it on means he is going for a walk, I think the quite life suits him well he loves to sun bathe in the garden and likes a little game but also likes just having a mooch about, he enjoys walks over the fields, he is all in all a happy dog with a lot on love inside him
Back to top Go down
cal
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

Job/hobbies : I work for a independant, family run jewellers. Great job!!

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:18 am

I think you could be right Gaynor, he seems to have similar issues to my 7 yr old Roxy.Roxy only tolerates a few dogs on our walks, and there the ones she knows so well, we have to keep her on her lead when we see a dog comming into sight. She seems to be worse when i am with her, but more controlled when shes with Geoff. And im not a wimp when it comes to my dogs. Teddy could well of been guarding, or like Roxy abit of guarding/nervousness. U wouldnt think nervousness when u see them wanting to kick off, but in their mind its strike first. And i dont mean there this fighting dog, just bravado, if any of this makes sense. With Roxy its ongoing work, BUT with time and patience and perseverance it is controlled.
Teddy, u will be fine with the right family, i'd have u in a heartbeat.....xx
Back to top Go down
gaynor
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

Job/hobbies : dogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogs

PostSubject: Re:Teddy-bullmastiff   Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:31 am

My Ridgeback,Kanu,went through a period several years ago where he wanted to literally KILL anything that came near him.This was because he`d been attacked several times by other dogs and the last attack was particularly nasty and was the last straw for him.
Like you said Cal,it doesn`t look like nervousness when they are kicking off,it`s a pretty scary sight.

I worked really hard with him to convince him that I could and would protect him against harm and that I was in charge of making decisions about protecting us.I also had to learn to keep my heartbeat slow and stay calm when another dog approached us because they pick up on raised heartbeat in a split second and then think that something is wrong.So it can end up being a vicious circle with the owner actually causing the dogs reaction.

It took 4 months of work before he was safe to let off the lead around other dogs and there has not been a seconds problem since that day.....in fact he is one of the most balanced dogs you will ever come across.

My new dog ,Ziva,is frightened of people,especially men.
She `s still a work in progress but has come a long way in the few weeks that I`ve had her.I don`t know what happened to her to make her like this but I don`t think there`s any quick fix for this girl.She is a very determined little Bulldog and she is not going to be easily convinced of anything.

I think its a good sign that Teddy is behaving differently in LBDR crossed for you Teddy.
Back to top Go down
cal
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

Job/hobbies : I work for a independant, family run jewellers. Great job!!

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:46 am

Teddy is more tolerant of dogs now he is back at Sharons, kinda makes sense. Roxy only wants to have a go on her territory i.e. home, on her walks. When we go anywhere strange she is very different, she is very aware and watchful but doesnt want to have a go. So thats telling me she is pretty guarded with what she thinks belongs to her and in her case the area we live. Also when she is on her lead she wants to have a go, off lead she tends to ignore the other dogs better. I wouldnt want to push my luck in this situation but when with geoff he hasnt come across a problem off lead. Maybe its me, like u said gaynor they pick up on the owners reaction very quickly, best to stay calm and in control.
And then at home, Roxy is the biggest cuddle monster ever and when Layla wants to play its game on. Layla is the opposite so friendly with everyone and every dog.
Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member

PostSubject: Re: Teddy - bullmastiff- Homed   Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:35 pm

A few more pics taken the weekend:
Teddy and Bruno

Handsome looking lad

Do you have treats?

Ear scratch
Back to top Go down